- Contact Person: Mr. Jeff Ge
- View Contact Details
How to buy plywood
What is the difference between a multi-layer board and a Plywood? I believe this is a question for many people. In fact, plywood is also called multi-layer board, plywood, commonly known as thin core board. Because plywood is a three-layer or multi-layered sheet material that is glued with an adhesive, it is also called a laminate, which is a major way to improve wood utilization and save wood. The following small series introduces you to the knowledge of plywood.
Basic knowledge of plywood
Plywood is one of the commonly used materials for furniture. It is one of the three major boards of wood-based panels. It is made of three-layer or multi-layered plate material which is cut into veneers by wood segments or cut into thin wood by wood and then glued with adhesive. Usually, an odd number of veneers are used, and the fiber directions of the adjacent veneers are vertically glued to each other.
Usage of plywood
Mainly used in furniture manufacturing, interior decoration, various panels for residential construction. Followed by industrial sectors such as shipbuilding, car manufacturing, various military, light industrial products and packaging.
Plywood specification thickness
Plywood is made up of thin wood chips, with plywood, plywood, etc., and occasionally odd numbers. The plywood specifications are generally 2440mm long and 1220mm wide. According to the combination of different laminates, the thickness of the plywood is also different. Generally, there are several specifications such as 3 PCT, 5 PCT, 9 PCT, 12 PCT, 15 PCT, and 18 PCT. Of course, depending on the special circumstances. Other thicknesses.
Advantages of plywood
It can make reasonable use of logs and does not produce sawdust. Light weight, high strength, beautiful texture, small insulation, small deformation, convenient construction, no warping, and good tensile mechanical properties.
Disadvantages of plywood
The cost is higher, not as smooth as the MDF. If there is insufficient drying or there is a problem with the production process, the external force is difficult to adjust when the sheet is deformed. When the splint is used as the base layer, and the surface of the Veneer board, aluminum-plastic board and other decorative sheets are bonded, the medium-density board is not as strong as the base layer.
Type of plywood
1. Plywood for finishing: This kind of plywood is mainly used for furniture such as furniture, sewing machine table and various electrical enclosures that need to be coated with transparent paint.
2. Plywood for decoration: This type of plywood is mainly used as decoration materials for buildings, furniture, vehicles and ships.
3. General plywood: This type of plywood is suitable for packaging, padding and other purposes.
4. Thin wood decorative plywood: This type of plywood is mainly used as a high-grade decorative material for buildings, furniture, vehicles, ships, etc.
1. One type of plywood is weather-resistant and boiling-resistant plywood, which has the advantages of high temperature resistance and steam treatment.
2. The second type of plywood is water resistant plywood, which can be immersed in cold water and impregnated with hot water for a short time.
3, the three types of plywood is moisture-resistant plywood, can be dipped in cold water for a short time, suitable for indoor use at room temperature, for furniture and general construction purposes.
4. The four types of plywood are non-durable plywood, which can be used under normal indoor conditions. The general purpose plywood is made of beech, eucalyptus, ash, birch, elm, poplar, etc.
purchase of plywood
quality of plywood
When buying, don't just buy cheaper. The most expensive decoration in the market is the imported Liuqi three-ply board. The "printing board" is better than the "horse board". The price of this kind of plywood is also two or three yuan.
The material of wood
When choosing, be sure to pay attention to whether the panel is willow wood or other hardwood. In contrast, the willow noodles are better, and it is better to use imported willow veneer
The grade of plywood
Imported willow wood plywood is mainly BB and CC grades, and AA grade is rare. Be wary of bad business flicker, carefully observe the packaging, the general imported plywood is printed on the outer packaging with the import mark, marked with English import origin.
Contact: E-mail: luliwood02 @luliwood.net